Monday, December 16, 2019

New Years Goals



     It is getting close to a new season and a new year. So, I thought since I haven’t been writing on here in a while, I would catch those who are still here up to what’s going on. I have had three foot surgeries - on the same foot. The first being the original to get rid of a painful bunion. The second and third were follow ups from the first. After the first surgery there was a plate and three screws placed. Which were to remain in the foot.  The plate after about a year or so, began to cause my foot to swell so they removed that.

The third was to straighten hammer toes…. Both painful and both requiring about 6 weeks of recovery and therapy. December 30th, 2019 will be the final day of therapy for the last (I hope) surgery. Although I do like this surgeon, I would rather see him at the dry cleaner or gas station.



It was while I was recovering from this last 6 weeks I began thinking of next year. As well as the past years and what I have accomplished over my life. Groceries we needed to buy, how to rearrange… When you are on bed rest and unable to do anything for weeks on end all sorts of things run through your head. But the most frustrating part - not being able to walk and do anything.

Anyway….



One of the things I thought about were the books on my shelf that I have and have not read. Books I want to read, and books I’d like to reread. I not only have physical books lining my shelves (which are made from cardboard boxes and plastic shelves- I like to recycle) but I also have a kindle and nook with at least 20 books on each. That’s not counting the same book on both, so I can continue reading something I find really good.



So instead of naming them all, I will name the book I will be reading and give a book report of sorts on it. Unless there ae those of you who would rather not know specifics. Which in that case I’ll just give you generals…. ‘Well I sat down to read chapter 4, and so far, it’s good. I don’t like, so in so but I hope my views change.’



I am thinking of things that will keep me blogging again and connected to not only you but my soul as well.   



I am also working on editing my latest Nano story which is a series of short Christmas type inspirational stories.  Some have hints of romance. As I look back at all my stories they all have hints of romance in them… After all I am a hopeless romantic.



So for December I choose a book from the library book mobile entitled The perfect love song -a Christmas story by Patti Callahan Henry.



Each week I’ll post an update, so you know how things are going and how I’m doing with my goal to read all of my books before adding to my collections. If there are books I no longer want I will give them away or delete them from my kindle or nook.



This helps me try and organize my bookshelf and clean and organize my home and life.  It seems the more clutter the more chaos my life has. And after the last 3 almost 4 years, the less chaos the better.



So until next time……




No comments:

Post a Comment