Thursday, March 17, 2011

Our actions when it comes to weight loss

 Today's Spark people reflection email gave me reason to reflect.  Because it asked are we a candle or the mirror? So as I sat here staring at the words I wondered are my actions actions I am confident in and can defend proudly if questioned about them,  or are the reflections and light I am giving off  something even I am ashamed of? Could I look myself in the mirror and know the way I live is honest and true to who I profess to be? 


 After all I am a Jesus girl ( as Melissa Taylor terms it)you can find her here 
http://melissataylor.org/  

So who you see should be also representing my Father in heaven. And that is someone  who is honest and true loving and kind.


This also includes my weight and how I feel about myself. If I say I am trying to get healthy and eat the right things and exercise then I am a positive role model for those who watch and look at me. But if I say those things and you see me eating fast food all the time and reach for the chips instead of fruit then I am not reflecting a good image.  And that's not true to who I want to be.  So my question for connecting to the soul is. Is the person someone else sees and are the things I do things I am proud to have someone copy? or do I need to rethink how I am seen to others.  


If you are a Christian the best person to turn to when asking this question is God who can do miracles in and through you. 

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts about authenticity and integrity! Kim Hill has an old song about what we do in the dark eventually comes to the light. I often think about that when my thoughts, actions, faith are tempted to differ in the dark than they would if others were watching.

    Thanks for this exhortation!

    ReplyDelete