Sunday, June 3, 2012

Confident Heart - Ch 1 Discovering the shadows of my doubt


Being confident has always been something that has come and gone for me, so when I heard of a study by Renee Swope, a woman at Proverbs 31 ministries, I knew this was for me. Finally I would discover why it wasn't a consistent thing in my life and ultimately how to reverse things in my life for the better.

Immediately in Chapter one I was gripped by the statement, “ I couldn't help but wonder “ what's wrong with me?” As I read that question I had to stop because that has been a question I find myself asking myself- and often. Especially when it comes to something I am passionate about which I start and only get half way before losing interest. It was at that point when I quit that I asked myself “ what's wrong with me? What I discovered was there is NOTHING wrong with me as a person it was self doubt that made me think the way I did, I am a child of God and was not created to doubt

Renee described it as turning away from the light and which reveled the shadow of doubt. Our solution- turn back to God's light.

I was also listening to what people thought of me instead of what God thought of me. And what God think of me is far more important then what others think of me. And that is what I am going to focus on as I read each chapter each verse and ask God what He wants me to learn and change about me, so I can become more like Him and less like me.

So stay tuned to the next few weeks and learn with me what the Power of God and trusting Him can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment