Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Linking with Kristen's blog - and my commitment to writing

Rejoice with me as I write my 100th blog entry. For this post I wanted it to be a special one. ( as if all of mine aren't). So when I read Kristen's blog I knew this was the topic for me, and my followers. You can find her entire post here.http://warriorwriters.wordpress.com/2013/07/09/5-traits-of-the-successful-author/.

She speaks of the traits of the successful writer and all of these are so dear to me. And they describe me. Recently I received a rejection letter and as most do, it hurt, right down to the quick. But as the saying goes what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

 The Bible tells us in  James 1 verses  2-4  " Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." 

Now of course rejection doesn't feel good but there are two ways we can view them 1) we allow those rejections to hurt hard and cause us such pain we lash out or quit writing. Or 2) we take the rejection to God who knows us and what to do to fix the issues , and learn from it and move on as we learn better ways. 

And that's what I'm doing. yes I  did get upset and plot her in a story to be a victim, but after that, I asked forgiveness and am now working to better my writing and not take the views of others so to heart it stops my passion of writing. 

I have had the passion of  writing since Junior high and have not stopped writing since. Often times I have been wounded when others have read my writings but  my commitment to keep doing it has not stopped. Those who know me say that when I don't write for a while I change and its not good.  So writing has become apart of me and has fused itself to y soul.  And to not write means I lose apart of me, and when I write I start to heal. How about you how does writing affect you?


I want to urge you to check out Kristen's blog at
.http://warriorwriters.wordpress.com/2013/07/09/5-traits-of-the-successful-author/.


 and see what insides she has that can help you in your writing!!!!  


Thanks and God bless you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment