Monday, October 19, 2015

Anxiety



Anxiety
1 Peter 5:7 “ Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”

Now part two, of this journey.  Today we talk about anxiety. Each day while I was waiting for a place of my own, I heard nothing. No phone calls no letters nothing.  Soon days went to weeks and weeks into months. Finally after a misunderstanding regarding my name I got a place- a month before the month I was to have surgery and would be off my feet.

But those months anxiety filled me so bad nothing else seemed to matter. Each day I worried things wouldn’t happen in time and I would either have to cancel the doctor visit and surgery or still be at the ex’s as I recover. Neither one of us wanted that.  But Jesus tells us in 1 Peter 5:7 “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”

Sometimes those words are easier than actually doing them, especially when for the most part you will be alone. Once I was living on my own that’s where I would be, alone for the most part. So maybe I was not ready for that. There were so many things happening in my life at that time. I didn’t know what to do or where to turn. All the more reason to turn to God and ask for his protection and guidance. All the more reason to rely on what He says I should do – which is in His Word. And I’m working on that slowly.  But it will take time and moving forward. Step by step day by day.

Let’s pray: Father we may not understand what is happening in our lives and where we are to go. In those moments forgive us for not turning to you when we should. Thank you for being there for us and being there for us and gently guiding us to where we need to go.  Thank you for all you do,

in Jesus name Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment