Friday, October 16, 2015

Patience Pt 1



                                                     
                                                      Psalms 46:10 (NIV)
                                         
                                             “Be still and know that I am God”

Because my life and the events of it which changed the direction of it started back in January, that’s when I can say the fork in the road appeared. And to this day it is still very hard to talk about. But talking about it does seem to help. That’s because I am not focusing on it and thinking about it constantly. But that does not mean I don’t have guilt seeping in at odd moments.

More on guilt later, now we are going to focus on Patience and how hard it is to be patient. Back in January my husband and I divorced and I moved into my own place. Because I have never had the chance to live alone needless to say I was… well a bunch of emotions I did not know how to process. I am glad my now ex and I parted on friendly grounds but that didn’t help what would happen farther down the road.

Also in January I had made the decision to have foot surgery to have a bunion removed. It had begun to hurt more than I could handle, however had I known the events that would soon unfold I wonder if I would have had the surgery. After talking with the assistant for the doctor who would be doing the surgery, my surgery was scheduled for June of 2015.

But that surgery set the stage for the changes – and growth – that I am now going through. That’s not to say there aren’t growing pains because letting to and letting God can be hard to do. But that is what we need to do and wouldn’t it be better to be prepared instead of blindsided?  Because regardless how hard we try to stop change from happening it, it will happen. Our best option, Trust in Jesus who knows us and what we are really capable of, even more than we do.  So how here it is Jan, I am divorced, have to find my own place, get moved in and set up house before June.

 In part two I will continue with the unfolding journey as it leads to present day.

Let’s pray: Father thank you for another day and another day closer to who I am to be. Change is hard to do sometimes and hard to accept. But we know change is something that happens and to help with that we need to trust you because according to your words you have our best interests at heart. Thank you for knowing more about us than we do, help us to daily put our trust in you and believe what is happening in our lives is in our best interest even when its hard for us to understand.  In Jesus name Amen.

(Sorry this was late today,  will be working on pt 2 this weekend and have it Monday.)



No comments:

Post a Comment