Saturday, March 21, 2020

updating reading

Well with the quarantine of many places happening what a better time to read and or write, play games either video or board.  Or spend time with family if that has been hard to do with work or other family routines, which most likely have been cancelled. (Sorry for that). But what a great time for family gatherings or reading together. Sitting around reading out-loud taking turns reading a chapter of your book,  or silently together.  It's just my man and me so fortunately occupying kiddos isn't necessary. He plays video games of which I like watching and helping and I read or write. As of course we talk, but there are those days if we cant go places it drives us nuts.

We have been trying to build a personal library of every kind of book,,, he likes fantasy series books  ie wheel of time type books.... books of swords and wizardry … while I like romance, ghost and mystery. I have books by my favorite authors as he does and while I will read some of his, he wont read mine..... (doesn't do romance)  Our new library is a great  thing because since we live so far out and the book mobile is cancelled for the time being when we do go out we look at the free libraries that are around town and find a few books we like.

While I like rearranging he doesn't. So I can only do so much ( besides, he hurt his wrist last week and can't use it much right now any way) . But I do what I can.

Last Thursday and Friday- 19th and 20th I was dealing with side effects from a medication I was taking,,,,, sick as a ….well all get out as my grandmother would say. I'm going through menopause and trying to find meds that will balance everything out. But this is proving hard to do.  And I hate taking meds to begin with so have been trying to find CBT therapy options but with this virus going round seeing someone is hard to do, so I am trying different options I find online. I guess the side effects are reminding me I don't like taking meds. In fact, there has only been one medication that has helped and not screwed me up. So I believe I will be sticking to that alone.
     
If anyone knows of non med ideas I would love to hear them.

Anyway on a better note, I am reading two or three books and are half way threw them now they are ghost stories and one book has two different stories in a series called "Secrets in the Walls" which so far is pretty good. The other book is "Hidden in Dreams" One is an e-book the other print, so when I get tired of holding the print book, I switch up.

Any way what is every one else doing during these days of limited activities?  See ya soon. Stay well and safe.
















No comments:

Post a Comment