Sunday, March 27, 2011

Filling God's temple with the right food

1 Corinthians 10:23
“Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial “

 That verse came to me last night as I tossed and turned as I tried to sleep.  No matter how I turned I could not get comfy. Then the above verse came to mind. As I lay in the dark I wondered why that  verse came to mind, then I remembered what I had last night for dinner- Ice cream and brownies. Now coming for a child who is told to eat their veggies this sounds like a yummy dinner. But as I learned last night my body needs more to stay healthy and fit and ready to do what God has called us to do. 1Corinthians 6 :19 says “Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own,..” So that means I need to watch what I fill it with to keep it healthy.

So I believe God woke me up and whispered Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial”
and your seeing why, you cant sleep.

So my Connecting to the soul question is this “is what I'm filling my body which is God's Temple with good healthy food so I am ready when He calls?”

No comments:

Post a Comment