Monday, June 20, 2011

God's Word is Alive and Living - 2 Tim 3:16-17

Welcome to another episode of living room ministries my name is Debi and I am glad you stopped by.
Today's Living Room Ministries is one that has been simmering in my heart and spirit for a few days but needed time God's Timing before I could write it and bring it to you. When I fist married I had been away from the church and God for a while. While it is true I had a bible and tried reading and following some of the scriptures I didn't follow all of them. And one time I read if you do only half and not all you weren't doing any of what I instruct you. At one point I believe I said I wanted a religion where there was a more active roll for me to do- without going into detail for the details take away from God's Word I will just confess “I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!

Over the past few weeks at church I have been taking a new believers class and what a difference Yesterday was the day that brought it all together. Yesterdays verse was the following :

2 Tim3 16-17 ( The Living Bible)
The Whole Bible was given to us by inspiration from God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives it straightens us out and helps us do what is right. It is God's way of making us well prepared at every point fully equipped to do good to everyone.

Clearly following Jesus who was alive and living walking on Earth taught us how we should live. Matt 7:24, and 26 were from Jesus himself - “ All who listen to my instruction and follow them are wise... but those who hear my instruction and ignore them are foolish.” He then compares the wise and foolish as men who build their houses on solid grown verses sand.

Then it says in James 1: 22, 23 “And remember it is a message to obey not just to listen to … 23 For if a person just listens doesn't obey he is like a man looking at his face in the mirror as soon as he walks away he cant see himself anymore or remember what he looks like.”

Now the Definition of Obey is -to do what someone tells you to do or what a rule, law, etc., says you must do

As I focused on these verses I am led to even more verses and they are chopped full of things I as a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ can and are instructed to do. Sermon on the mouth is just one of sections of scriptures where we are instructed to do,

So Bottom line
If you want to know what God wants you to do ask him and he will gladly tell you ( James 1:5)
For whatever God says to us is full if living power; (Hebrews 4 :12)

Let's Pray
Father God , thank you so much for your son Jesus Christ who you sent to die for my sins so I may be closer to you. Forgive me for not seeing that following Jesus was full of things to do and which I am instructed to do all I needed to do was ask that you open my eyes and heart to see them. Thank you for showing me now that my walk is to be active as I help show others how truly wonderful you really are. Keep my eyes open to your ways and lead me to opportunities to share with others what I have been through myself as I came back to you.

In Jesus name Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Blessings to you!

    please visit me

    www.breakformom.com

    ReplyDelete