Thursday, December 22, 2011

Living Room Ministries- Are you listening- 1 Cor 9:17-18

1Co. 9:17 -18 “If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me. What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it.”

Good Morning and welcome to another episode of living room ministries. My names Debi and I'm so glad you could stop by. The above scripture is personal to me and couldn't have come at a better time.
Recently I began looking for publishers for my living room ministries. I wanted to get it out to as many
people as I possibly could and I thought in book form in countless stores would be the way to go. But after last night I no longer believe that is the best way. That was MY way and not Gods. Let me explain what God led me to last night during my quiet time with Him.

One of the messages I received was from Joyce Meyer's in her sermon entitled “ The joy in Believing”. I was led there after the daily reading I heard from Wendy Pope from her daily message.
I will post what I received from her soon but this message came through loud and clear and one I felt I needed to get out first.

One of Joyce's questions was do you hear from God and are you listening? As I sat there listening to her teach I found myself thinking about these questions and in fact pondering the answers as well. What I came up with is this; yes he does speak to me and often times its through His Word – the question then becomes 'do I listen?'

I did last night. The part of the scripture I focused on was “I may offer it free of charge.” Because I believe God gave me the privilege to preach the gospel to people through Sunday school with the kids and thru Living Room Ministries, I should not seek gain from it. That is not the kind of minister I want
to be. If I did not listen to God's teaching from the above verses I would become one of the false teachers which Paul was teaching Timothy not to be – those who are greedy for money. That friends is NOT my mission here to gain from God's Word, it is not mine but God's. And should be offered and shared freely.

1 Tim 6:7 NIV says “We brought nothing into this world and we can take nothing out of it.”

Then 1 Tim 6:10 says “The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.”

Was I veering off onto this path? I might have - if I hadn't listened to God's Word and been willing to
do as He said. If I had veered off track it would be sin Romans 7:20 says “ Now if I do what I do not want to do,(publish for gain) it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.” And I do not live for Satan but God.

So back to getting God's Word out, As with the story of raising Lazarus from the dead and Joyce's teaching Jesus asked those who were present to roll the stone away so he could bring him back to life. Her question was why did he do that ?Answer so he can do what He does. So then what I got from that and I hope you do as well, God will lead us to do something and then do the rest. I am to write these sermons, messages episodes posting them where I can and let God do the rest. He will get it in the hands of those He wants to hear it. I am only to do what he asks and leave the rest to Him!



Let's pray

Father thank you for another day thank you for your Word and speaking to me thru it. Help me be able to hear when you speak and do what you ask of me. Your Word will reach those you wish to hear it and it is not my decision – I am only to do my part and leave the rest to you. Thank you for this teaching and for guiding me to do your will not mine.

In Jesus name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment