Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Living Room Ministry - Psalm 119:11

Good Morning Everyone and welcome to the first LRM of the new year. My name is Debi for those who are new to my blog and I try and post weekly although I try to do it daily however life does have a way of sneaking in and messing up even the best laid plans. But i enjoy when we can all come and share God's Word together when ever that is. This first episode contains the scriptures God has laid on my heart this first week of a new beginning. So if you are ready here we go-

Personal scriptures from God

Jan2 – Psalms 119:11
Living Bible Version- I have thought much of your words and stored them in my heart so that they would hold me back from sin.

New Revised Standard Version – I treasure your words in my heart so that I may not sin against you.

Jan 3 – Psalm 119: 105
Living Bible Version – Your words are a flashlight to light the path ahead of me and keep me from stumbling

NRSV – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path

Jan 4 - Rev 1:8
Living Bible – I am the A and the Z the beginning and the end...

NRSV - I am the alpha and omega” says the Lord God who is and who was and who is to come the Almighty.

As the first post of a new year these are not bad verses to start with, These verses came to me as I was waking up and starting my day. Since I have ( or tried to) devote myself to studying God's Word daily. These were so powerful to me. Psalms 119 :11 speaks my thoughts because I have thought much of God's Words and stored them in my heart. Because memorizing and remembering scriptures that we can draw on in times of trouble is a great reminder that God knows what we will encounter as we live each and every day, And to love God and his words are to treasure them as the NRSV says it.

As we continue our walk with God Ps 119;105 is the difference from night and day. Sorry I just had to put that in there. But this verse does help shine the light on truth as both a lamp and flashlight so that we are able to see whats in the darkness that is hidden,and in the dark that others don't want us to see. What a better way of seeing what is truth - which is every word of the bible - or what is not and that's everything that the world wants us to believe.

And finally Rev 1:8 The lord says "I am the alpha and omega the beginning and the end" which confirms what John 1:1 says - Living Bible - “ Before anything else existed there was Christ with God.

NRSV says “In the beginning” - ( there's that word beginning) was the Word and the Word was with God. So this confirms or backs up what Rev 1:8 says. I am the beginning. Its so great how God ties His Word together for us to see. God is definitely worthy of our praise.

Let's pray
Dear Heavenly Father Thank you for today and what you have shown us through your words It is so great to share them with others. I lift up those who are hurting and in need of your comfort Father, bless them and comfort them as only you can. Thank you for giving us your words so we can see what's in the darkness . Help us to learn to keep treasuring them and keeping them on our minds and hearts .

In Jesus name we pray Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Great word. Great way to start the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do like this - living room ministry! We so need to let God use us in our homes again to minister to others.

    ReplyDelete