Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What do I crave more then Jesus

On Jan 16th I am starting a study  with Melissa Taylor called made to crave  written by Lysa Terkeurst. I tried doing the study last year bookless- which can be done  although you miss a heck of a lot. So this year I am taking a voyage to a better life again. Because I couldn't wait I began a little thinking about a few things that would set in place the stepping stones I would set sail from. In the introduction of the book it asks you to find your want to. After a few minutes of sitting here are my "want to's"

1 I want to be healthy and active again
2 I want to discover who Jesus wants me to be.
3 I want to  replace that hole in me that craves other things besides God.

In 2 Peter 2 19b (The Living Bible)  it says  "For a man ( or woman) is a slave to what ever controls him.

So my next question to me is what - besides -or INSTEAD OF God is controlling me ??

Jesus is asking me if I want to follow him I must give up the one - (or 4) things that I crave MORE then Him.Here are a list of the 4 top things I could think of.

1 Sleep
2 T.V
3 Being Lazy
4 Procrastination- Is that something we crave? If its something that keeps me from my Lord then yes it is.

It says If I want to conquer my cravings I must redirect them to God. And thats what I am going to pray about this week. I am going to look Heavenward instead of in me or in my fridge  for something that will take that empty  feeling away.

This year I am going to change for the better. See ya in less then a week.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing the new study... I had been wanting to purchase the book for months, and my mom bought it for me just out of the blue one day. I thought, "Ok, Lord... guess it's time for me to read this." Then in the weeks to come, Melissa announced the study for the new year. I am so anxious to get started! I have fibromyalgia, so I need to eat healthy to keep my crazy body in check!!! Best of luck to you as you begin this journey as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there don't you love god's timing? If you need an accountability partner let me know. Melissa got me fired up to do a bootcamp of my own and found a free one on sparkpeople.com. as well as other cardio exercises. did one last night and slept so much better. Will start today with stretching yoga then a video later. I'm ready to see what God has for me as well.

    ReplyDelete