Thursday, June 21, 2012

I fell into Satans hands yesterday

I gotta tell ya I wasn't done being mad and pissed off yet. I mean how could things not go my way? I filed the right papers and did everything I was supposed to do - even to the point of signing up at a school where I knew I'd eventually need the chair to get around in,because that is what the insurance company required. And yet I was denied.

Those words hit like a ton of bricks falling down around me. Instantly my world came crashing down. All I could see was destruction this hit caused. I did not see - or did not WANT to see the bigger picture of what God was doing on my behalf. So to answer the above question how could things not go my way, because i wasn't putting my full trust and faith in God. I couldn't see beyond the destruction.

But this morning I came on line and in one of the emails I had was the scripture that described how I was feeling.

1 Cor 13:12-13
"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall
see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully,
even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

As I sat there reading that scripture over and over I remember another part of me was already at work trying to figure out a way around this obstacle, figuring out a way to over come this when the spoiled child side took over leaving me to remain stuck pissed. I wanted to be a wounded child saying "This isn't fair this isn't fair"
Yet as I sat with my coffee this morning reading this verse I had to admit-

I was seeing a poor reflection because the waters had been clouded. This morning a friend reminded me that when God closes a door He opens a window-she is right - I am now looking for that open window.

No comments:

Post a Comment