Tuesday, December 31, 2013

His Purpose Not Mine




Have you ever woke up and wondered what your purpose was? Why are you here? So many of us have, especially when things aren’t going your way. I know I have. Sometimes I feel as if I’ve wasted days, sometimes I feel I am right where I want, should, or need to be.

I don’t know why I wake up each morning except that its God’s Will that I should be here and for His purpose not mine. And I thank him for that gift. Sometimes later than sooner because I am wrapped up in my own issues. But something always leads be back to Him. And I thank Jesus for that.

Of all the things I don’t know here are a few things I do know.

Deut 29:29 – “The secret things belong to the Lord our God but the things revealed belong to us.” I’m not supposed to know everything- contrary to what I believe.

Psalm 139:7 – “Where can I go from your spirit?” I cannot hide from my Heavenly Father.

Psalm 139:14 – “I was fearfully and wonderfully made.” Regardless of how others or I often times see my body or don’t understand why I do things or look different. I need to remember God Made Me and I am beautiful in his eyes.

Jeremiah 1:5 – “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations” When we doubt whether we can or can’t do something, we need to remember God created us and equipped us for whatever He calls us to do.  

2 Timothy 1:7 – “For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (fear), but of power, of love and self-discipline.” When we fear doing something or trying something new we should remember this verse and call upon it in times of trouble, esp when God is calling you to do something you are not humanly comfortable doing.

There are more verses in God’s Great Word but these were the ones which stuck out for me and I will remember as I go into the New Year. So my connecting to the soul thoughts and actions is this- I will breathe into my soul Jesus and His teachings and lean on him when I am feeling blue and unsure of things. I will work to remember God created me to be just who I am now and it’s for His purpose that I am here. What are some of your favorite verses and thoughts you cling to when you are weary and unsure?    


















No comments:

Post a Comment